Many people used to spend money for professional help instead of using one of popular DIY car dent removers. What do you think about it? What kind of help do you prefer? Does DIY repair actually work? In some cases it really works, but you need to learn more about all possible ways of removing dents with your own hands. It is important to realize why dent pullers work so, which one to use and what technique is best. If you feel you are weak in knowledge about dent removal, you can call for PROFESSIONAL car dent repair .
However, there are two basic dent removal kit types that are available for everyone:
- suction dent pullers
- glue dent pullers
SUCTION Car Dent Repair – These work by attaching to your car with suction, allowing you to pull dents and dings out. They work very much same way as a toilet plunger.
GLUE Car dent Repair – Glue dent pullers are a little different. Basically, you glue a flat pulling tab into the dent and allow the glue to dry somewhat so that you can pull it out. The problem with this method is that you need to make sure beforehand that the glue is not going to make your car even more damaged that it was before.
How To Use Diy Kits
Follow these instructions for doing a DIY car dent repair at home:
1. Clean area
The first step is to clean the damaged spot and its surrounding area. Rub thoroughly after using a cleaner and then rinse the place with fresh water. Dry the place with a piece of cloth. Cleaning the area of dirt and possible paint scrapes will help the suction cup adhesive reagent to stick more firmly.
2. Apply adhesive
Then, connect the glue gun with the power and warm up the glue.
Set the dent puller according to the instructions on the package and then use the glue to the suction pads. Remember that you need to use only a thin layer of the adhesive.
Put the puller on the dent in a position that the center pad sits in the middle of the damaged area. Let the other pads clasp firmly around the edge of the dent. Hold them there for five minutes and then leave the puller there for six hours. It will let the reagent to dry and get attached to the dent very firmly.
3. Pull dent
Do it carefully!
Risks And Advises
Dent pullers only work on shallow dents on flat, flexible surfaces. They can improve the appearance of dents but probably won’t create a perfect finish. But these tools will not work on deep, angular dents or damage along the edges of bodywork. Dents in areas of thick metal will also be very difficult to remove at home. That’s why you need professional help!
Professional Car Dent Repair
Having doubts? Stop and do not attempt to use a dent puller on damaged paintwork – you may cause more damage to your car. Don’t risk creating something strange that it will be difficult to repair. Dent pullers have limited use and are not suitable for removing most types of dent. For large, deep or stubborn dents, always take your car to see a professional.
Make Sure Your Car Is In Good Hands
Look around! You may find many different car dent repair shops near you. Their prices and services are also different. One shop might give you an estimate for $500 while another wants $2 000 for the work. What’s the difference? Check feedbacks and try to find maximum information about one or another company.
If the company has served around your area for long, specializing in paintless dent repair and removal, try to contact them. It would be great if the team consists of reliable craftsmen that have already built a reputation of the best car dent repair service. They can fix automobile dents or dings at a fraction of what conventional body repairs cost, in a fraction of the time. Paintless Dent Repair is a modern technique that is able to remove most dents, door dings and any hail damage on your vehicle without the use of paint or messy body fillers.
What we (bodyshoptotal) DO
- The company removes minor dents of your car, just as if your dent never happened.
- Their repairs keep the factory paint, finish and warranty.
- Dents are carefully and skillfully crafted out NOT covered up with filler and new paint.
- They return your cars bodywork back to its original condition, retain its value and factory finish.
- Flexible and convenient – smaller dents carried out at a time and location ideal for you.
- You can call for mobile car dent repair and save your time
- They use PDR car repair technique that you cannot use at home!
Benefits of PDR
Factory paint is as good as it gets. That’s great if you can trust to professional company and repair your car in such a careful way, good for your car and for the environment.
- No color matching issues – because they work with the original finish, they guarantee no issues with paint matching or cracking / shrinking filler, which can be a problem body-shop repairs.
- Maintain manufacturer’s warranty – any respray will not be covered by your cars corrosion/paint warranty, manufactures will only warranty factory paint, they will test the depth of the paint in the event of a claim.
- Fast and convenient service – mobile repairs for smaller dents or larger dents can be tackled in our workshop in a matter of hours…not even days.
- Cost effective – extremely popular PDR is generally cheaper than a good body shop repair by some way which makes it great value for money. Be wary of ‘cheap’ or shoddy body work jobs they will show.
Contact to our company! We can help your car! We have skilled specialist in Paintless Dent Repair and a workshop where we can carry out repairs regardless of the weather, tackle larger jobs or where the absolute highest quality is required. We have a comfortable waiting area, free wifi, TV and refreshments. Tell us about the damage to your vehicle, upload a few photos and we’ll get back to you with your estimate.